2.09.2009

The Weekend, in Short, Kinda Precise Bullet Points

  • As many of you might know, I love spending a couple hours at the Guthrie now and again, especially when they do a Shakespeare comedy in a completely different era (such as Saturday, when I saw Two Gentlemen of Verona set in 1955 - I enjoyed it immensely; also, I am completely infatuated with Randy Reyes - he has stolen every show I've ever seen him in)
  • A good place to go when you're starving and don't mind spending a few bucks is J.D. Hoyt's in Mpls: they grill meat very nicely, especially when it's cajun-seasoned; I love that when you open the menu online, the first page they show you is the dessert page (and I did a double-take when I first saw the drawing on the menu, thinking that I'd stumbled into George W. Bush and Nixon territory)
  • I went to the boat club to work out, and discovered that someone was a little over-zealous in watering plants and a little under-zealous when it came to detail: someone watered a bunch of fake flowers in a glass jar - even though it was very obvious that there was fake water already in the jar. There had been an event in the ballroom over the weekend, so I smelled it just to be sure someone hadn't poured her alcoholic beverage into the flowers, but no. It was water. Someone watered the fake water. I am still smiling about it...

No comments: