But that didn't happen this morning, either. More seat racing. In the pouring rain. Oooh, fun times! Dare I say this aloud? I actually don't mind the seat racing all that much - the point is to go out every single practice and make the most of your time on the water, right? So how is seat racing different? Well, I suppose I can say that since I've not been switched out of my seat yet - I'm just in a boat that's involved with seat racing. Pretty sure Peter's still watching every stroke we all take.
If you view seat racing kinda sorta like another set of pieces, and row your best, it should pretty much be the same as every other day. Row hard. Work on technique while you're rowing hard. Eyes in the boat. Concentrate.
Every. Single. Time. You're. On. The. Water.
When I'm out there (unless I'm supposed to be paddling - whatever coach says, should go), I row hard. And every single time - including the paddling - I try to concentrate and make the most of every single piece. And I want to win. Call it the competitiveness in me.
But even having said all that, seat racing two days in a row is tough, especially mentally. I mean, it's really early in the morning, I'm not really awake, and I do so like to ease into my day...
If you view seat racing kinda sorta like another set of pieces, and row your best, it should pretty much be the same as every other day. Row hard. Work on technique while you're rowing hard. Eyes in the boat. Concentrate.
Every. Single. Time. You're. On. The. Water.
When I'm out there (unless I'm supposed to be paddling - whatever coach says, should go), I row hard. And every single time - including the paddling - I try to concentrate and make the most of every single piece. And I want to win. Call it the competitiveness in me.
But even having said all that, seat racing two days in a row is tough, especially mentally. I mean, it's really early in the morning, I'm not really awake, and I do so like to ease into my day...

No comments:
Post a Comment