-I love my four-day work weeks. Very much. It's always a sad day in September when we go back to normal non-summer interim work schedules.
-Apparently my life in the office "ends" at the end of May...I just realized my daily calendar is still stuck on May 27, which is a few days after session ended this year. Never mind I still go in to work and have projects to do, the "real" work during interim is just not the same.
-I highly dislike cars' "check engine" lights. In particular, mine. Faulty sensors, bushings, all that. Who needs 'em? Apparently me, which is why my car is in the shop for a few hours today. But there's a side benefit: my mechanic is close to my parents' house, so i got to enjoy breakfast with them today after i dropped my car at the shop.
-For a few minutes this morning, I was concerned about our 8+ at practice (i.e., would we set up the boat and get ourselves balanced? would we beat other boats on the water during our pieces? would stroke seat's seat really squeak the entire practice? will our coach's megaphone's batteries deteriorate to the point that she sounds like charlie brown's mother during this practice? you know: things of that nature). But our little group of women came together nicely, and we rowed some pretty fun pieces. I - quite thankfully - was not involved in the seat racing today. That honor was left to others.
-There is a going-away BBQ tonight for friend Kristi at the boat club. Kristi, you will be missed. It's been awfully nice practicing and winning medals with you, and your personality on the water (both in attitude and in desire to win) has been a pleasure for all of us. When you're ready to leave your post-doc job at that shall-remain-nameless-university-that-has-that-pretentious-"The"-in-front-of-it, please come back here!
p.s. The answer to those two questions you're really thinking about: no, her seat did not squeak throughout the entire practice, and yes, she did sound like Charlie Brown's mother.
-Apparently my life in the office "ends" at the end of May...I just realized my daily calendar is still stuck on May 27, which is a few days after session ended this year. Never mind I still go in to work and have projects to do, the "real" work during interim is just not the same.
-I highly dislike cars' "check engine" lights. In particular, mine. Faulty sensors, bushings, all that. Who needs 'em? Apparently me, which is why my car is in the shop for a few hours today. But there's a side benefit: my mechanic is close to my parents' house, so i got to enjoy breakfast with them today after i dropped my car at the shop.
-For a few minutes this morning, I was concerned about our 8+ at practice (i.e., would we set up the boat and get ourselves balanced? would we beat other boats on the water during our pieces? would stroke seat's seat really squeak the entire practice? will our coach's megaphone's batteries deteriorate to the point that she sounds like charlie brown's mother during this practice? you know: things of that nature). But our little group of women came together nicely, and we rowed some pretty fun pieces. I - quite thankfully - was not involved in the seat racing today. That honor was left to others.
-There is a going-away BBQ tonight for friend Kristi at the boat club. Kristi, you will be missed. It's been awfully nice practicing and winning medals with you, and your personality on the water (both in attitude and in desire to win) has been a pleasure for all of us. When you're ready to leave your post-doc job at that shall-remain-nameless-university-that-has-that-pretentious-"The"-in-front-of-it, please come back here!
p.s. The answer to those two questions you're really thinking about: no, her seat did not squeak throughout the entire practice, and yes, she did sound like Charlie Brown's mother.

No comments:
Post a Comment