8.16.2010

NWIRA v.2010

Internet, I went to Kenora (aka, "If my town was originally called 'Rat Portage,' I'd probably change it to Kenora, too") in Canadia-land for the 107th NWIRA regatta over the weekend. It was fun. Here's how much fun:

Sir Thomas Lipton's Cup, my first-ever NWIRA medal and me

Our team won the Lipton Cup again this year, and even though we had a few minor weather issues on Saturday afternoon, a couple delays getting a large silver trophy and an Estonian across the border, Tim Hortons nearly running out of doughnuts at 2am Sunday morning, a couple riggers to the head (my head was one of them - I think there's a bruise up there under my hair somewhere) and some sunburn (not mine), a stuffed-to-the-max car trunk, and never-ending wind and road construction on the way home, the two-day competition was a success.

A few favorite moments from the weekend:

Sparky's back! We're working to convince her it should be permanent

Amanda's back! Well, not really. We're trying to convince her to come back. Rowing is way funner than driving 8 hours there and 8 hours back to just watch us have all the fun, right?

Celebrating with Sir Thomas

Celebratory moments can occasionally be confusing, I guess, Aidan?

The whole gang with The Lipton Cup

No comments: