8.19.2010

Twins v. White Sox (a Mauer first, a win and a beautiful night)

Wednesday night I went to Target Field for the first time (I know! It took me forever to get there. But it wasn't only my night for firsts at Target Field - Joe Mauer hit his first regular-season home run at Target Field last night, too...I figure if he can wait that long, so can I. And also, I'm convinced that I'm his good luck charm.) It was a beautiful night for it:

I really love Target Field. It's a lot of fun there, and it sure is nice to enjoy major league baseball outside. I couldn't leave behind an old Metrodome tradition, and ate a bag of cotton candy (it was gone by the end of the first inning). This series against our division rivals, the Chicago White Sox, has been exciting. First it was Jim Thome's walk-off homerun (another first for Target Field) against his old team on Tuesday night to win the game in the 10th inning. Then last night's 7-6 Twins win puts them five games ahead of the White Sox in the AL Central. Yay!

At bat: Danny Valencia

J. J. Hardy

Kim (the first responder when I put out a call to a few friends that I had an extra ticket)

Denard Span getting on base

Joe Mauer

Kim and yours truly

Joe Mauer, we love you! And we're especially happy that you finally hit your first regular-season home run at Target Field when we were there to see it in person

It was a good game and a great night.

No comments: