Internet,
I know I am probably not Reader's Digest's usual demographic. But I love their magazine (even though they've gone completely insane with green-ness...and I'm not talking envy). Suffice it to say, though, I believe RD isn't even keeping up with the times of their normal old-people demographic.
The lovely RD people sent me a renewal notice, and instead of the now-normal verbiage of "place" or "affix" a stamp on the payment envelope, RD's says "paste." "Please Paste First Class Stamp Here."
Internet, never mind that people now pay a lot of bills online. I realize that their demographic still likes mail and stamps and they probably don't trust anything Al Gore may or may not have invented - mainly because RD tells them about all about the fraud that is rampant online and instills fear in them that their identities will be stolen the second they get on a computer - but I'm pretty sure that the old people haven't been actually licking stamps in, hmmm, probably a decade. So. Get with the times, RD. The United States Postal Service did when it got around to self-sticking stamps.
xoxo,
Minny LinnEy
Old Person-in-Training

No comments:
Post a Comment