5.25.2011

There Have Been Good Moments.

Internet,

As I'm sure you noticed from yesterday's post, it's been a stressful few weeks. But I would be remiss to not mention at least a couple of the good moments from the past few weeks.

1. When I left work around 2am one day (I couldn't tell you which day - they all run together), I walked to my car and noticed this glorious scent. There are flowering trees everywhere, and their beautiful aroma was wafting around me as I left work. So, like a crazy person, I walked up to one of them, closed my eyes and deeply inhaled and enjoyed it for a couple of minutes before going home. (Crazy people around here is not an uncommon sight; even at 2 in the morning, I'm pretty sure I blended in just fine.) After spending weeks on end indoors, that was a nice moment.

2. I got to church on the last Sunday of session. I seriously don't think I've been able to do that for the previous five sessions when we were under Democrat control. The DFL loved to keep people here at all hours of the day and night, and Sunday was just another day of the week to them. And along with the time to go to church on Sunday, I did not do two back-to-back all-nighters this year. In fact, I may have worked over 100 hours in six days last week, but I only had one night that lasted until 4am. For that, I am grateful.

3. A co-worker graciously offered me a yoyo maple bacon long john. Let me tell you, Internet: I have eaten a few doughnuts in my day, but I had never experienced anything like this. Maple icing that wasn't too cloyingly sweet. One strip of perfectly crispy bacon. It was delicious, and I could probably eat one every single day if given the opportunity.

I'm probably forgetting a lot more of the good moments, Internet. But I'm glad that I remember those.

xoxo,
LinnEy

1 comment:

LittleCakes said...

That yoyo donut sounds amazing!!!
I wish Minnesota wasn't so far!