10.10.2011

The Gaffigan Family Tree

Internet,

I went to see Jim Gaffigan on Friday evening with some excellent friendlies. As was expected, I laughed a lot. Now, as you will probably realize, I spend a lot of my time a) eating, b) exercising, and c) noting the hilarity that is regular life, so maybe I got a lot more out of his set than others might because it included making fun of a) eating, particularly at McD's, Domino's and Subway (and the mandatory Hot Pockets encore), b) gyms and working out, and c) expositing the hilarity that is regular life.

More thoughts on the aforementioned a), b) and c):

a) Did the Domino's ad buyers KNOW that Jim Gaffigan was going to be at the State Theater & would make fun of Domino's (and its customers), and then decide purposely to purchase that ad buy for the electronic billboard across the street as the show let out? 'Cause if so, that was genius. And the hilarity (and ab workout!) continued as we left the theater.

b) I kind of consider the whole evening an abdominal muscle workout, so I think that totally counts, right? (It's good that you agree with me, Internet, because I didn't work out the rest of the weekend.)

c) So after the show, I was leafing through the flyer that the Minnesota Orchestra sent me. And what should I have seen, you ask? Oh, that's right! James Gaffigan will be conducting a February concert series of Mussorgsky, Prokofiev and Tchaikovsky. I am almost tempted to purchase tix just to see if it's the alter ego of the comedian. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?! Combining one of my loves (music) with one of my pastimes (laughing). I could SO enjoy that.

(It's not the same guy. *sigh* Here's to dashed hopes. However, if you check out the picture of the classical conductor James Gaffigan, you probably will be much less disappointed. Also, that's a great program, so maybe I'll get tickets anyway.)

xoxo,
Minny LinnEy

No comments: