11.14.2005

It's a miracle I don't weigh 500 pounds

I'm really into making dessert these days. The homemade, luscious kind. For example, the past couple weeks I've made baked apples, apple pie, apple dumplings with caramel cinnamon sauce; southern-style banana pudding (why would I ever go back to Jello pudding? Not even the entertaining Bill Cosby could convince me it's better than the real stuff, all warm and gooey), cookies galore, and tonight's masterpiece (straight from a Martha Stewart cookbook, and it still only took 30 minutes to prep! no small feat as any who've prepared MS's recipes know), pear upside-down cake. Mmmmmmm. It's all gingery. I love dessert. (OK, so maybe mine didn't look quite this artistic given the mere 30 minutes I had; but it wasn't too shabby.) (And I found a different pear upside-down cake recipe on Martha's website, but this is a different one. Maybe i'll try it some day...)
Next up, pumpkin pie. Or pumpkin tarts. or maybe something pecan...or cranberry apple galette. ooo, ooh, ooo! I got a recipe for applecake with cream cheese frosting from a booklet I got at Williams Sonoma over the weekend. Or maybe I'll stick with the ginger theme and do gingerbread with daffodil lemon sauce (an ol' favorite with my fam). Hmmm. Too many choices, but plenty of time for savoring.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Hey! Would you share the recipe for the apple cake? That sounds awesome....