8.13.2007

Oh, the places you'll go, the things you'll see!

In the last week, I've been busy:

1. Alas, we lost our kickball playoff game and were eliminated in the second round. Great defense, no offense. And there ends my kickball career.

2. Went to the Bakken Museum which is housed in a really beautiful old mansion on Lake Calhoun in Mpls. Looking at all the little Pacemakers was very cool, at least until I started thinking about the surgery required to get the thing into a person, and then when I thought of surgery and leaving things in a person's body after the surgery, I kinda felt a little ill.

3. Went to the Sibley House. Apparently I'd been there before in my long-forgotten youth, but of course, I'd long forgotten anything about it. It was interesting. In fact, a lot of this stuff is interesting to me now that I actually care about it. Can't say that, as much as I loved history, I cared all that much to visit it when I was a kid.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Hello! We MET each other at the Sibley House when we 13 - I can't believe you don't remember the momentous occasion!

akalinear said...

is that where we met? lol apparently meeting you was much more important than the backdrop...i seriously have no recollection of the place! nearly the same experience with the ramsey house a couple weeks ago. the important thing is that we met and became good chums. right? well, at least one of us remembers something. =)