9.03.2009

Eating my way through the week.

For a while there, I was dropping weight this summer (like I do every summer when I row). But since I'm not rowing right now and still eating like I am rowing all the time, I kinda figured I'd put it all back on the last few weeks. Only I haven't - I finally confirmed that yesterday morning. So. Yesterday I decided to take matters into my own hands, and eat my way through St. Paul and Minneapolis.

Lunch at Cafe Latte:
-Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad (which conveniently contains BOTH the pasta AND the salad)
-Smoked Gouda Soup
-Cheddar Pepper Bread
-Creme de Menthe Chocolate Cake
-Grapefruit Izze

Dinner at Saffron:
-Baba Ghanoush
-Haloumi Cheese
-Bread with Hummus
-Beef Strip Loin, served oh-so-conveniently-and-delightfully with parisian gnocchi, asparagus, peas and taleggio fondue
-House Made Ice Cream Flight: spiced chocolate, fresh mint (as in, tasted like actual fresh mint, and not just mint-flavored), and vanilla cherry

All amazing, and probably helped me pack on a pound. And that was just yesterday. Today I went to the State Fair. More on that later.

No comments: