I went to a Cuban joint on Sunday that I've wanted to try for a while: Victor's 1959 Cafe. I'm all about finding a Cubano sandwich like the ones I used to eat when I lived in Florida. This one tasted great, but the bread was sliced too thinly. Otherwise, heaven! It makes me want to get out my George Foreman grill and start attempting to replicate it. But that bread is so hard to reproduce! It's sweet and delicious, and mmmm. I think I'm drooling.
I can say with certainty Sunday at Victor's was the first time I've eaten potato chips with a fork (way faster to eat "potato sticks" that way, and we all know I'm all about expending minimum amount of effort getting food into my mouth. Also, I don't like dirty, greasy fingers that much, either).
And on to other food news. Do you remember Little Caesars slogan Pizza! Pizza!? (Do you even remember Little Caesars? I didn't even know they still existed in the U.S. until about a month ago, but I do remember seeing one in Prague about a year ago.) Now they're Hot-n-Ready, and they pretty much taste the same (confirmed yesterday). I remember when I was a kid, getting pizza was a Big Deal, and we always seemed to get it from the Little Caesars a couple blocks away. (Now pizza is a regular part of my diet...and rightfully so! Or something like that.)
I can say with certainty Sunday at Victor's was the first time I've eaten potato chips with a fork (way faster to eat "potato sticks" that way, and we all know I'm all about expending minimum amount of effort getting food into my mouth. Also, I don't like dirty, greasy fingers that much, either).
And on to other food news. Do you remember Little Caesars slogan Pizza! Pizza!? (Do you even remember Little Caesars? I didn't even know they still existed in the U.S. until about a month ago, but I do remember seeing one in Prague about a year ago.) Now they're Hot-n-Ready, and they pretty much taste the same (confirmed yesterday). I remember when I was a kid, getting pizza was a Big Deal, and we always seemed to get it from the Little Caesars a couple blocks away. (Now pizza is a regular part of my diet...and rightfully so! Or something like that.)

1 comment:
Yes! I remember the Little Caesar's Pizza! Pizza! slogan. Wow... brings back memories. :) lol
Post a Comment