The new roommate is an elementary school teacher at a private school. Every day when she is getting ready for work, saying, "What should I wear to school today?" I always think it'd be kind of fun to go back to grade school each fall. Maybe it would help a person to not feel like such a grown-up. It could be fun and all nostalgic or something (well, minus the hard work she puts into it). But then, she still has to have school pictures taken each year, and I think, "Nah. Not worth it."
_____
Last night, it was my turn to take treats to Bible study ('cause what study would be complete without sugar involved?). For two weeks, I'd completely forgotten about the fact that last night was my night, until I was eating a day-old brownie at 5:10pm and thought, "Oh, these would be perfect if I ever had to take something to work or Bible study or...oh, no!" I managed to whip up a German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting in less than an hour. Not gonna lie: totally cheated with a box of cake mix I'd randomly picked up at the store last week. (A miracle - I don't have any real food in my refrigerator...and about three items in the cupboard. And that cake mix was one of them.) I've also never cooled a cake in the refrigerator before, trying to get it chilled enough to throw frosting on top of it, but hey! Seemed to work just fine. Also, never substituted olive oil for canola oil, but that seemed to work just fine, too. Everyone commented on how fluffy and moist it was! I'm going with the EVOO as the cause of extreme fluffiness, and a combo of EVOO and refrigeration-cooling as the cause of extreme moistness.
_____
_____
Last night, it was my turn to take treats to Bible study ('cause what study would be complete without sugar involved?). For two weeks, I'd completely forgotten about the fact that last night was my night, until I was eating a day-old brownie at 5:10pm and thought, "Oh, these would be perfect if I ever had to take something to work or Bible study or...oh, no!" I managed to whip up a German chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting in less than an hour. Not gonna lie: totally cheated with a box of cake mix I'd randomly picked up at the store last week. (A miracle - I don't have any real food in my refrigerator...and about three items in the cupboard. And that cake mix was one of them.) I've also never cooled a cake in the refrigerator before, trying to get it chilled enough to throw frosting on top of it, but hey! Seemed to work just fine. Also, never substituted olive oil for canola oil, but that seemed to work just fine, too. Everyone commented on how fluffy and moist it was! I'm going with the EVOO as the cause of extreme fluffiness, and a combo of EVOO and refrigeration-cooling as the cause of extreme moistness.
_____
Finally, my office is so cold...I'd seriously consider some of these. But only if they came with an elephant theme. (I mean, I love the mousepad warmer, but really? Everyone around here already thinks of me as a lawyer: I don't want to reinforce the shark image.)

No comments:
Post a Comment