Ice and pavement conspired against me, drawing in an unwilling elbow into the mix. The result? My left arm's new best friends are a splint and sling. For 7 to 10 days.
According to the very nice doctor (at my usual clinic, thankfully, and not the ER or urgent care), I have a hairline fracture on the very point of my left elbow. This is a tad painful - I cringe almost as much at the thought as I do the actual pain - but really it is more annoying and embarassing. I've lived in the land of 10,000+ frozen lakes basically all my life. And the first time it snowed this year, you'd think I didn't recognize it. In my defense our new driveway is so black in its freshly-tarred state, I had difficulty discerning where the ice started and stopped. But that's pathetic. I am annoyed because I probably won't be able to play in our church's Thanksgiving concert this weekend. And I'm having problems flossing my teeth. And I can't put my own hair up. But other than that, I am grateful it wasn't worse, and I'm grateful that I normally do have the use of two fully-functioning arms.
(I am typing this one-handed, in case you're wondering. And since that is the case, don't expect much the next few days.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Aw, bummer! Hope you're back to normal speed soon!!
thnx - i solved one problem while my arm remains hostage: i went out & bought a one-handed flosser today. =P
Post a Comment