4.17.2009

Hmmm.

Still wondering what I think about chocolate mousse peeps. Interesting.
____________

How do I get myself into these things? I finally learned to say "no" to music stuff (only played half of the Easter weekend - have to start drawing a line somewhere), but then turned around and one day later said "yes" to playing with a chorale this weekend. Only we're not just playing a piece or two. We're playing Haydn's Creation, which I had never played before about five days ago. The rehearsal is tonight, the performances are tomorrow and Sunday. Why? Why do I do this to myself? (Oh, right: it's fun to try new music, and they're paying me.)
____________

Got to go out on the water last night, stroking a quad. It's so nice to be out rowing on the real water (instead of the fake kind found in tanks). Tomorrow morning it starts in earnest, with a 7am practice (instead of the leisurely 10am practice last Saturday, to kick off the season on the ol' Mississippi).
____________

There's my weekend: violin, rowing and working.

No comments: