I am trying to view the not-so-good things that have happened this week in a more positive light. I pretty much have had the raw nerves thing going on all week, and yet I'm doing okay (most of the time) with having a positive attitude. Don't get me wrong: I still have my moments of rant-y behaviour (and usually I just go moan and complain to my co-worker(s) for a few minutes, and then I'm better). So, to help me in my quest of positive attitude during these really difficult days at work, I've decided I need to "balance" the bad with some good.
For example:
For example:
- Shove an entire mascara wand into my eye on accident this morning and can't see for fifteen minutes afterward? Who cares?! I'm wearing polka dot tights today. It evens out. All better.
- Listen to the same bill five times in the last week in various committees and think I'll scream if I hear people discuss it one more time? Who cares?! It'll probably be vetoed by the governor in the end anyway. (This one almost doesn't even out: I'll still have to sit through this for another few weeks before he vetoes it.)
- Snow falling outside on April 1st? Who cares?! After arriving at work, I was able to stay indoors all day.
- End up working late trying to write bill summaries? Who cares?! I have cable TV in my office and can turn it on in the background - while I'm eating cheetos and pudding for dinner.
- Hyperextend my knee over the weekend? Who cares?! I don't have time to work out this week anyway, plus I can give in to my lazy side and slack while it heals. (OK, it's already healed now, but I'll slack an extra day or two, uh, just to be sure. Yeah. That's it.)
- Roommate accidentally chained the door locked before I returned home last night? Who cares?! She was quick to answer the door and there was ice cream inside once I got in the door. (Seriously, it was the first time ever in the years I've lived with her, it really was an accident, and I'm not upset about it. I actually felt kinda bad I had to wake her up to unchain the door.)
- 16-bill agendas in committees today and tomorrow? Who cares?! Once session is over, I'll get to use the comp time I'm earning right now.
- Sanity slowly slipping away from me? Who cares?! Everything is funny when you reach that stage.

No comments:
Post a Comment