This weekend's activities were not a good idea. First and foremost, I don't have enough time in the days to get everything done. Also problematic:
1. Sightreading an entire Haydn work might not have been the best idea ever.
2. At rowing practice this morning, I was switched to starboard side for the first time in a while, so now I have a huge open, oozing blister on my left thumb, right where I'll need to put my violin tonight.
3. I think I might have to break a rule I have never once broken since I started working here: I am going to have to take work home with me for after the concert tonight (and probably in between church, concert and orchestra rehearsal tomorrow - something I am loathe to do; I really don't work on Sundays unless absolutely forced into it). I have two huge budget bills coming up in committee and on the floor on Monday, and the work has to get done sometime...
1. Sightreading an entire Haydn work might not have been the best idea ever.
2. At rowing practice this morning, I was switched to starboard side for the first time in a while, so now I have a huge open, oozing blister on my left thumb, right where I'll need to put my violin tonight.
3. I think I might have to break a rule I have never once broken since I started working here: I am going to have to take work home with me for after the concert tonight (and probably in between church, concert and orchestra rehearsal tomorrow - something I am loathe to do; I really don't work on Sundays unless absolutely forced into it). I have two huge budget bills coming up in committee and on the floor on Monday, and the work has to get done sometime...

No comments:
Post a Comment