4.16.2009

No, really: I'm serious!

Really, I swear it! I know it may not sound like it (especially when pretty much everyone knows how I do so love my sleep), but it's true: laziness caused me to get to work an hour early today. (Please, please; hold back your gasps of shock.)

See, the city is cleaning my street today, and by the time I got home from work at 11 last night, there was no place to park on all the surrounding streets that are not being cleaned today. So, without even a second thought, I parked mere steps from my front door (rather than drive around aimlessly looking for a spot that would most likely be blocks away) with the promise to myself that I would be off the street by the appointed hour of 7am. So, there I was, sitting in my car at five minutes to 7, thinking the only place I really want to go is back to bed, but supposing I should go to work.
__________

Are you ever actually happy to get a cold? I'm not happy I have one currently - I don't really have time for this! - but what I'm happy about is at least I'm no longer in that horrible stage of waiting (you know the stage I'm talking about: it's the hoping-that-using-Zicam-will-prevent-it-but-expecting-a-full-blown-cold-anyway stage) and have just gotten the cold already. I much prefer that to that awful feeling of dreadful anticipation. I'd much prefer not having it at all, but I've done well this winter, having suffered very little with the whole cold problem (at least compared to co-workers).
__________

Having four days off work over Easter was lovely. I mean, really lovely. In some ways it's not so good, though: it reminded me there is a life outside of work, and I really miss it. I pray that session ends on time this year. It's especially hard when it's supposed to be in the high-60s today with plenty of sunshine...

No comments: