3.21.2010

How high will it go? My Sunday (and probably only) check of the water level.

Having grown tired of this place:

And of living in this place (and I'm not talking about the bus shelter in front of the building):

Today I opted to take a break from work (yes, I'm working on Sunday, and I hate that), walk through downtown and check out the Mississippi River level:

It's a bit scary:

Okay, more than a bit scary. Whole trees are floating down the river, and half of them seem to be getting stuck on the tip of our island. Also, the water is flowing fast. And we haven't even reached the cresting point...I hope out boat club doesn't go under, but nice friend J and his Beaver Liberation Front have removed my boat and sculls and whisked them off to the safety of M's back yard a couple miles away. I know. It seems weird to want to put a boat closer to grass than water, but ya know. It happens.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: