Some people stocked up on supplies for their fallout shelters back in the day of the Cold War. Some people stock up on supplies for the end of free government as we know it, or the end of the world, or, you know. Stuff like that.
Me? I stock up on supplies for session. I have a filing cabinet at work, a rather large one, of which one drawer contains only food and the implements with which to eat said food. I have to, see. During these hard times at work when I'm constantly working at work, working at home, or thinking about work when I'm not actually working on work while at work or home, I don't really have time for trivial matters like procuring food. I vaguely recall such things as buildings where they sell stuff that one can eat.
Me? I stock up on supplies for session. I have a filing cabinet at work, a rather large one, of which one drawer contains only food and the implements with which to eat said food. I have to, see. During these hard times at work when I'm constantly working at work, working at home, or thinking about work when I'm not actually working on work while at work or home, I don't really have time for trivial matters like procuring food. I vaguely recall such things as buildings where they sell stuff that one can eat.
Such exotic places of which I have heard much, but remember little.
Never fear, however, Internet. I'm all set. I stocked up a couple weeks ago before I forgot what the inside of one of these places looks like.
And now I'm really grateful that I did, especially since it means I won't have to eat this:

Ah, I'm glad that I work at a state legislature and not Canadia-land's Parliament (or the Parliament cafeteria).
I don't know that I necessarily have any objections to hunting the seals for legitimate purposes, of which food is one. There are legitimate purposes to hunt. I mean, look at what they did to sea lions on the opposite side of the continent - they killed some to prevent all the salmon from going away...there is an issue of circle of life, all that...sometimes it's not a bad thing so our ecosystem doesn't get out of whack, I'm thinkin'. Remember when the Simpsons go to Australia and Bart leaves a bullfrog there and it takes over their ecosystem because it had no enemies? Yeah, that.
Anyway, I just don't think seal sounds that appetizing. Wouldn't it be half blubber? I'm guessing it's not a lean meat. And that is why I'm glad that I have stockpiled resources that are not seal for me to eat.
(Also, I have family and friends who cook and are willing to share with me.)

No comments:
Post a Comment