3.15.2010

Looking for lighthearted fare? Yeah, it's probably not this.

Dear Internet,

If you've been going through long hours and hard times at work, and are looking for some lighthearted fare, I somehow doubt Macbeth at the Guthrie will do it for you. In fact, it's a rather depressing Shakespearean tragedy, and may make you want to toss yourself out the nearest window whilst you mire even further into the depths of the human nature.

I don't really have any inclination to toss myself out any windows (sounds like too much work and effort and a lot of pain, and oh, way too much to clean up the mess), but I did feel a little too in touch with the human condition after a long week of committees and session and cloudy, gray days, topped off with Macbeth Saturday, followed by a movie based on the final short story in James Joyce's Dubliners, "The Dead."

Just sayin'...

Sunday was bright and sunny and I enjoyed the day with scarcely a thought about work. Oh, to have more like that.

Yours,
Minny LinnEy

No comments: