Last night's US Open quarterfinal tennis match between Agassi and Blake was a classic that I had the privilege of watching (well, at least a portion of it; it was the middle of the night, you know). I couldn't decide for whom to cheer, and it was completely enthralling and thrilling. Just what you hope for when you watch a sporting event: great players, playing well.
And now Agassi will meet Ginepri in the semifinals, and since they're both from the US, there will be an American in this year's men's final of the US Open. How fitting.
On a sadder note, Lindsay Davenport lost. And then there were none. American women in left in the Open, that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Seth, Jeremy and I watched it at the Athens Airport. We watched the final at 2 AM in the morning in Istanbul. I didn't like Agassi when he was young, but now that he is winning on brains and effort I can't help but rooting for him.
Mark
Post a Comment