Julie and I had a great time last week. The highlights include so many interesting episodes.
1) JP and I going to a movie and her thinking that the first, oh, ten or fifteen minutes of Batman Begins was really just "the longest trailer [she'd] ever seen!" Granted, I was a bit confused by the beginning of BB as well, but not quite to that extent. I know it was a prequel, sure it was pointing to the next installments and giving a glimpse of what is to come, but still! (Just Kidding, Julie! Sheesh!)
2) Making up a plethora of new words, including "surb" (an alternate measurement for suburb), and generally butchering the English language by trying to cram too much talk into our time together (at least, that was one of my issues; any of my other language barriers can only be blamed on my inability to speak any language fluently - but I can think fluently! too bad not many others understand my thought processes)
3) Road tripping to Alexandria, MN, that cultural mecca
4) Encouraging Julie to become as devoted a Simpsons addict as me
5) Eating (very high on my priority list)
6) Visiting the Mall of America. Everyone who visits Minneapolis seems to want to go there; I seem to only go when I take tourists there (and it's in the same city in which I live! I guess that shows how I prioritize shopping).
All in all, it was great, and I hope she comes back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment