I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon for a routine physical (if visiting every five years counts as "routine"). I had the pleasure of having some more immunizations. Don't get me wrong - I'm very glad to get the vaccines so that I won't get mono or hepatitis or whatever is prevented by a tetanus booster (tetanitis?) or any of those other unseemly diseases for which one needs a shot. I don't mind the needles. I love the purple bandaids with lime green, skateboarding dinosaurs (so much so that I left them on the rest of the day). So, what I truly dislike is my reaction to the shots. I always seem to get sick and achy the day after (which is understandable; I mean, they did just pump small amounts of the diseases into me). So today I ended up wishing my arms didn't feel like someone chopped them off and then beat the rest of me with the other end of the axe. (I also seem to bruise like a peach when any needles come near me, so the arms kind of look like someone beat me in three places with the other end of the axe.) Then there were the chills. It was 80 degrees out today and I was fully clothed under a down comforter and other blankets. And after that, the heat, oh, the heat! I'm not sure if that was the 80 degrees and all those covers or if I just had a fever. But then the chills came back, so it might have been fever.
So that pretty much sums up my day. I'm feeling a bit better now and don't need any more immunizations for a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment