minnesotan by birth, rambler by nature, resident slacker by choice.
8.12.2009
How I Spent My Summer Vacation: Rear Window
Tuesday: Slight signs of improvement. Although my skin did swell up a lot, and for a while it felt like something was going to rip out of my skin all Alien style, but without the actual alien. (Today, Wednesday, it feels a lot better.)
As one of the guys at work said, at least I just gave myself a pedicure, so if nothing else, my toenails look pretty in all these pictures.
So Jaymie gave me something to do that will help me out with 1) using all my spare time, and 2) meeting my goal of 6 million Lego. In my own Lego home of the future, I can now have a replica of the MN State Capitol in it, and the good news is I now only need an estimated 5,999,905 more Lego to complete the project.
Old roommate K and her soon-to-be-husband B sent me a birthday gift, which has really just turned into a convalescence care package. I'm sure it was vastly entertaining for the flies on the wall to watch me get the box up to my third floor apartment (even with that elevator - woohoo! Love the elevator these days). I don't know why I bothered to try to get it upstairs, except when I put the key in to where they hold boxes for the residents, I couldn't get the key back out, so I had to take the box, and there was not a soul around from whom I could beg assistance. But there was a handy dandy little hole in the box, so I just made it bigger, stuffed it on my finger like a Chinese finger trap and went on my merry way, box banging against the crutches. I'm glad that when I finally opened it, there weren't small shards of glass or a small kitten to be found, but instead many tootsie rolls and some lotion, which made me very happy. Thanks, K and B!
So this is my view these days. It's totally rear window, except I fall asleep. And besides, the only digging going on outside is the landscapers replacing rock with red cedar chips. Pretty sure they aren't burying any bodies. Although I do sort of relate to this right about now, since a) they can't get me in to see a podiatrist to determine if I definitely do or don't have a hairline fracture until August 25th; and b) I am missing summer and all the cool things that go with it.
One final thought: I'm in pretty good shape. With these horrid crutches, I get winded walking down a hallway. I don't know how people who are not exercising all the time immediately before their injuries can handle getting around on crutches.
No comments:
Post a Comment