8.03.2009

July is over. August is now here for our enjoyment.

I guess that means my birthday celebrations are about done, too. It was a fantastic birthday. Besides Broders' and the facial, other events included:-Getting a specially requested birthday gift from my dad (yay! He found me a red metal tool box. I know, I'm a dork. But I really wanted a red metal one!)
-Eating birthday doughnuts with co-workers at work
-Celebrating with really cool boat club people (eating MB's brownies and Wuollet's snickerdoodles at 7am? Works for me!)
-Going out to lunch with the new roomie (um: yes. I WILL have more mac'n'cheese at noodles and co., thank-you-very-much)
-Eating a birthday present from a co-worker: a bag of starburst jelly beans (well, that took a couple days)
-Going to dinner at Burger Jones, and eating the "White Trash Burger," a deliciously horrible burger that may have taken off a year of my life with its chicken fried bacon, fried cheese curds and velveeta on it. Anyway, it was rather tasty but left me no room for dessert (ok, the jelly beans earlier on the birthday may have qualified as dessert, but it's candy, and not a malt with nutella in it)
-Keeping the any-excuse-to-go-out party going on Friday with pizza at Black Sheep, where adding cracked green olives to a meatball and ricotta pizza is definitely the way to go
-Also, there was cheesecake on Friday, provided to me by 18-month-old twins (who also provided me with great entertainment that morning)

And then on to August. To begin the month of August out right, it was time for another bridal shower for my (now-old) roommate K, this one a brunch at Cosmos at the Graves Hotel in Mpls. Crab cakes benedict? Um, yes, please.

Kari and me

The three sisters, L, K and A

Amy and me

Kari - I'm going to miss you! but I'm glad you and Ben are finally tying the knot.

No comments: