8.05.2009

Lego of Reality

I recently discovered David Thorne. Although not one to always use very genteel language, he's hilarious. Here's what he has to say about how he's building a house out of Lego (I was informed earlier this summer that Lego is not pluralized by adding an "s").
"I have been collecting Lego blocks for nearly four years now as I intend to build my own home. I currently have exactly 1,692,008 blocks of various sizes and only need another 4,836,029 to complete plans of constructing a four bedroom home with sunken lounge and indoor swimming pool. Prior plans to build a home from seawater were abandoned due to physics. The advantages of using lego blocks over traditional building methods, in regards to durability and gaiety of colour, are without question. The only issues are finding a block of land that has a flat green plastic base and gaining council approval but that should not prove a major obstacle as my local member of parliament...is not adverse to a bribe."
Upon reading this, I realized something. If you really want to be your great American self, all while living in a castle like some European, yet don't want to do it in the usual way like all your neighbors, the best way to do it would be to build your very own life-sized Lego castle, complete with drawbridge. I mean, it would really only take a few million of them, right?

If you'd like to read more of his hilarious emails and other stories, you may find them here, but I leave you with this caveat: if you're averse to four letter language, don't visit the site.

No comments: