12.16.2009

Chocomize

I recently discovered there is a company that will put bacon and gold into a chocolate bar for you. I think it sounds delicious (although being the cheapskate I am, I might consider the gold chocolate bar an investment and never eat it). And then I started exploring their "Creation Station," and I thought that it looked pretty cool. Or at least I did until I saw a picture of their strawberries:With this description: "There are numerous varieties of strawberries, but the most common garden strawberry was first cultivated in 1740 in Brittany, France." Um, are you sure these strawberries aren't FROM 1740?

Also, why would you put edamame in chocolate? Edamame is the healthy thing you eat INSTEAD of chocolate. Are you trying to justify the chocolate consumption? "The edamame will surely hide the chocolate calories, and they won't count." 'Cause, yeah: that's really not going to work.

And to this candy lover - who loves pretty much anything sugary (except licorice) - the idea of putting pop rocks in chocolate blows my mind...and not in a good way. It sounds like very, very bad things would happen if you did that (same goes for the Nerds).

And the decorations...even besides the whole use of 23K gold..."Dried Flower Mix"? Surely these people realize that I can go buy a Hershey's bar and drizzle some dried dandelions from the back yard on it for a whole lot less money, right?

Even so, the idea of bacon in my chocolate bar really does appeal...maybe combined with some mini pretzels. Mmmm.

No comments: