If I actually believed in ghosts, I would say there's one living in my building.
At all hours of the day and night, the elevator drifts from floor to floor, opening its doors to and for no one. No buttons have been pushed, no people inside its tiny interior waiting to be disgorged. Very strange indeed. One would think it was possessed. Maybe someone died in it. I don't know. I haven't used the elevator in months, not since my injured ankle could handle the stairs again. The thought of sharing an elevator with a ghost or electrical short does not appeal, so I probably won't be using it in the near future, either.
I wouldn't think very much of the elevator situation if it were not for what's been occurring in my living room lately. On two Sunday mornings out of the past three, I've been awakened at 6:30a to the sound of our television turned all the way up to a channel that does not exist. It's all snowy and black and white...and blaringly loud. My roommate is asleep at these times (she's not been awakened by this AT ALL, and has looked at me funny when I've mentioned it, so at first I thought maybe it's all just me and I'm really going stark raving mad, but then we had an overnight guest this past weekend, and she also confirmed it happened), and I'm pretty sure neither of us likes to watch a snowy screen late on Saturday nights (though some could argue that it's a definite improvement on network programming these days).
We ARE rather close to the elevator. Maybe the dead ghost lady inside just wants something to do while she waits to alight on some floor the elevator cannot find. Or maybe she was killed by TV remote. Or maybe the machines are trying to gang up on me and drive me crazy. I don't know.
At all hours of the day and night, the elevator drifts from floor to floor, opening its doors to and for no one. No buttons have been pushed, no people inside its tiny interior waiting to be disgorged. Very strange indeed. One would think it was possessed. Maybe someone died in it. I don't know. I haven't used the elevator in months, not since my injured ankle could handle the stairs again. The thought of sharing an elevator with a ghost or electrical short does not appeal, so I probably won't be using it in the near future, either.
I wouldn't think very much of the elevator situation if it were not for what's been occurring in my living room lately. On two Sunday mornings out of the past three, I've been awakened at 6:30a to the sound of our television turned all the way up to a channel that does not exist. It's all snowy and black and white...and blaringly loud. My roommate is asleep at these times (she's not been awakened by this AT ALL, and has looked at me funny when I've mentioned it, so at first I thought maybe it's all just me and I'm really going stark raving mad, but then we had an overnight guest this past weekend, and she also confirmed it happened), and I'm pretty sure neither of us likes to watch a snowy screen late on Saturday nights (though some could argue that it's a definite improvement on network programming these days).
We ARE rather close to the elevator. Maybe the dead ghost lady inside just wants something to do while she waits to alight on some floor the elevator cannot find. Or maybe she was killed by TV remote. Or maybe the machines are trying to gang up on me and drive me crazy. I don't know.

No comments:
Post a Comment