12.03.2009

Finally, something snowy to talk about.

For the first time in recent memory (albeit, with my hazy memory, this might not be saying much), I did not start wearing a winter jacket in Minnesota until Thanksgiving. And now, mere days later, it's finally starting to snow. I like the snow - especially in December (but not really at all in March and April). It makes it feel more like Christmas is on the way, and it turns everything pretty and white. Granted, there's not much of it out there right now, but one can hope it will cover the ugly grass and dormant-everything soon. And as much as I love my boots (dusted off another pair this morning - you think I jest, but no, there literally was dust on them), sometimes I feel dumb for wearing them when there's no real justification for them. Like those stupid idiots in L.A. who wore Uggs a few years ago. There was no reason to wear that footwear in a place that never sees snow! But snow - even mere flurries - justifies boots.

No comments: