Today I went out to lunch to celebrate my birthday. again. Yes, I know; you're probably thinking "Will it ever end?" A birthday is an excuse to go out with friends and family and enjoy life. Since I can't get together with all my friends and family in one day, these gatherings occur when they must, and that takes several days, if not weeks, centered around my date of birth. Since many of my friends also have birthdays (well, all have them; most admit to them), this generally means we always have an "excuse" to go try something new or take advantage of an old favorite.
So out it was, with my friend Betsy to a wonderful little spot, an enjoyable excursion each time I go there. On a perfectly sunny, gorgeous day, what's better than sitting sidewalk at a French cafe? Hmmm? Not much. The only thing missing was a rude French man staring at us and the French accents. I didn't mind not having anyone rudely staring at me, but the accents would have been nice. And such divine cuisine! Think: hot croissants topped with curried chicken salad, fresh limeade (not too sweet! love it) and white chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake; all as scrumptious as it sounds. I know, I know. I'm starting to sound like all I ever think about is eating. Not true! I just like really good dining experiences.
to make up for our near-gluttonous experience at lunch, we then went and walked around a local lake. We have many, you know. This one comes complete with bandshell and a lovely view of a ski jump, and believe it or not, the jump is without the snow at this time of year.
another good day of unemployment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment