8.01.2005

goings-on

Life is beautiful. Even when I have paint under my fingernails. I probably have it in my hair, too, but haven't looked in a mirror yet. Some friends moved into their new place today, and I helped Cait paint this afternoon. At least it's a lovely gray/green shade with a hint of brown; it matches my skin tone. I should probably go wash it out of my hair before orchestra rehearsal tonight.

Went to a concert on Saturday night; it was a lovely birthday gift to myself. Saw the MN Orchestra, heard Christopher O'Riley play Rachmaninoff, saw my (very-pregnant-with-third-child) former violin teacher, all that. I loved, LoVeD, LOVED the program: Redline Tango by Mackey (with the composer in the house to explain that the Redline does indeed refer to a car engine and what it can do), Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini with O'Riley on piano, and Rachmaninoff's Second Symphony. Andrew Litton conducted. Lovely.

Then off to a house warming party for friend Ben, lazy slacker day yesterday, and today I helped Cait paint her new abode (it was much nicer than humble, in my own opinion).

and now I'm off to read French Women Don't Get Fat.

Can you believe it's August already?

No comments: