8.05.2005

friday: morning, noon and night

Morning: Spent it trying to get the sleep out of my eyes. For some reason, kinda tired these days.

Noon: Tried to go see a movie with my cousin. AND THE POWER WAS OUT! I kid you not, there was a sign on the locked doors of the movie theater stating that due to a power outage, there would be no showings until further notice. And apparently that had just happened, what, with the people and their half-eaten tubs of popcorn, streaming out of the complex, probably in mid-movie. So. What to do? Instead, we rented Miss Congeniality 2. What a way to spend a Friday afternoon: watching Sandra Bullock snort in her big bird costume. Not as good as the first, but, ya know. Not the worst sequel ever, either.

Night: When people at work ask my father what he did over the weekend, he can reply that his daughter got him hooked on sudoku (or su do ku, however one wishes to spell it - I can never say it properly, but thankfully that's not a requirement to play), and he and my mother spent Friday night learning how to play. Of course it was on one of the most difficult I've done yet - they get harder as the week goes on, just like crossword puzzles. Poor guy. Friday's not the day to start trying. I managed to do my first one on an easy Tuesday one a few weeks ago. (He might also say to his coworkers that his daughter convinced him to play tennis, infra.)

Other news: I got a tennis racqet for my birthday from my dad. I'm waiting for the inaugural match. I also got a new set of tennis balls, and can't wait to open the vacuum seal on the canister. I'm waiting 'til I actually play just to prolong the anticipation of opening the vacuum seal. It's like being a kid all over again, only instead of playing with the box the toy came in or the wrapping paper, I'm look forward to peeling off the metal lid of a tennis ball canister. I hope tomorrow will be the day! It's hard to believe sometimes that I'm really as old as I am; I don't feel like I'm that old (and with the whole canister lid thing, I'm probably not acting my age, either).

No comments: