8.10.2005

Time Out for T.O.

Ok, I really do think it's amusing that every time I hear Terrell Owens referred to as "T.O." I always think time out, especially in light of the latest situation with him. "Time out" refers to a form of discipline used on a child. If the name fits...

Several things came to mind as I read the story. First, when does "defending [one's]self" require "dropp[ing] an expletive," hmmm? I don't know about you, but I probably wouldn't drop expletives defending myself. Most people who use such words reserve them while speaking about other people, not themselves or in defense of themselves.

Second, how does a groin injury make one's arm and hand unable to function? "He was unable to attend because he was injured" was the statement made referring to his inability to attend a signing session with his fellow receivers. While this injury may very well be serious and painful, how would a groin injury interrupt someone's ability to sign his name? This seems like a very weak excuse. C'mon, T.O.! Get over yourself and just say you don't feel like signing autographs. If you can't admit to that, please refrain from using such a shoddy excuse. Silence is better than a cop out.

Third, who gives an interview in their driveway? (check it out; it's available for viewing on espn.) all right, I'll concede that one because people do give interviews in their drives. but while working out? who the heck works out in their driveway??? Even if I were in as good of shape as T.O. (minus the injury, of course), I *still* wouldn't work out in my driveway. Maybe the front lawn, but that's even pushing it. I would be far too lazy to carry my free weights all the way out onto the driveway. And what? That mansion he lives in doesn't have enough space for a gym? or even a small corner in which to pump iron? He paid too much if it doesn't allow even a workout room. And what was with the kid and the cell phone? Why was he so intent on taking pictures and then sitting practically under the guy's head while he performed numerous crunches? That was just a little much, even for an avid fan.

Well, enjoy your time out, T.O. You've got another week to exercise outside. Maybe try the sidewalk or the roof this time, just for a change of pace.

No comments: