8.11.2005

sounds

As some of you may know, I like good sounds: Car doors that sound like vaults shutting upon closing them; a basketball swishing through a new net; etc.

Well, I finally got to open the new canister of tennis balls on Tuesday evening. Like I said before, I was really looking forward to opening it. I have to admit, the anticipation was great, and the sound that the lid made as I peeled it off was a great pop that filled me with glee. I am very easily amused. Then, when you hit the ball just right off the racquet, oh, what a sound.

I'm getting sore from all the tennis I'm playing. If only soreness were an indication of improvement; alas, I'm afraid that that's not really a reliable gauge. Tuesday night with Em. Last night with my dad. Tomorrow with Betsy. And - I hope - all over again next week.

No comments: