8.29.2005

In a land of 10,000+ lakes...

...I frequently choose to walk around a man-made one. (At least I think it's man-made. For how nice and structured the pond is, it certainly feels like it.) Anyway. Tonight, I went out with my friend Emily and walked around Centennial Lakes in Edina (see - I *knew* I'd still be going to Edina even after my tirade last week; I'm glad I was still welcomed there and heard no pooh-poohing). Apparently I'm not the only one who had the idea of walking around such a smart little puddle. Lots of other people were there, as usual (especially on such a nice August evening), but the odd part was running into all sorts of people I know, including one I haven't seen in years. I guess we Minnesotans just like our bodies of water and tend to congregate around them or something. Take the picture for example. It's a snapshot of Emily and me at Normandale Lake taken earlier this summer. We love our lakes and handy cell phone cams; or at least I love mine when I remember to use them.

No comments: