...and didn't even realize it at first.
The other day was a dollar match day through GiveMN.org, and I donated money to two organizations that day. Unbeknownst to me, I did it for free, not using any of "my" money. My credit card company gave me a credit on the same day because of all those handy little points I've been accumulating (and not really doing anything with), and this essentially evened everything out.
Too bad I didn't know about this at the time, or I probably would've doubled my donations (since I was willing to part with the money in the first place), which would've really resulted in quadrupling the money I would've put out: 1 part from me, 1 part from my credit card company, and 2 parts match. (That's the real point of this post: doesn't it make you feel better that a credit card company who is raising interest rates through the roof for many people nowadays is actually unwittingly sending that money on in charitable giving? I like that idea.)
I am grateful to be in a financial position to be able to donate money to worthy causes, and I pray that people are blessed through giving and in receiving during this Thanksgiving season (and again at Christmas time).
The other day was a dollar match day through GiveMN.org, and I donated money to two organizations that day. Unbeknownst to me, I did it for free, not using any of "my" money. My credit card company gave me a credit on the same day because of all those handy little points I've been accumulating (and not really doing anything with), and this essentially evened everything out.
Too bad I didn't know about this at the time, or I probably would've doubled my donations (since I was willing to part with the money in the first place), which would've really resulted in quadrupling the money I would've put out: 1 part from me, 1 part from my credit card company, and 2 parts match. (That's the real point of this post: doesn't it make you feel better that a credit card company who is raising interest rates through the roof for many people nowadays is actually unwittingly sending that money on in charitable giving? I like that idea.)
I am grateful to be in a financial position to be able to donate money to worthy causes, and I pray that people are blessed through giving and in receiving during this Thanksgiving season (and again at Christmas time).

No comments:
Post a Comment