11.02.2009

Yes, I did go out and purchase candy corn and creme pumpkins on sale after Halloween.

On Saturday, I did all sorts of fun stuff, none of it relevant to Halloween.

-Went to the Guthrie, where I saw "Faith Healer," a play written by Brian Friel and directed by Joe Dowling. I had no idea what this was all about going in, so it was all new to me. Definitely Irish, the play had its moments of fun and playfulness, but the entire thing has that downtrodden, slightly dark Irish feel. Joe Dowling acted in it, as did Sally Wingert and Raye Birk - it's basically a play done in four monologues, with only one of the three actors on stage at a time. While all three acted wonderfully, I think Sally Wingert was the most amazing and really stole the show for me. Also amazing: Raye Birk, as Teddy, drank four bottles of what was supposedly beer onstage in approximately 20 or 25 minutes. On the whole, the piece was interesting, but I'm not really sure I'd recommend it, 'cause two days later I'm still not really sure if I liked it or not.

-Went to Ginger Hop, a new restaurant in northeast, and had a grand time eating too much. I liked my entree (General Tsing's chicken - a nice little spicy dish), but my favorite was the cream cheese and carmelized onion wantons served with sesame sauce. Delish. Amongst the three of us dining there, we ate four desserts (they'd made us the wrong one, and it was on the house), and I went home fat and sassy and too lazy to move far from my couch.

-Hit 100K in the ol' car mileage.

-Pulled out the tights and started wearing them. Also: went to Target and bought new ones, and holy cow! They're twice as expensive this year as they were last year...not too happy about that. I must find a new outlet for cheap tights.

-Finally made it in to the latest co-op in my neighborhood, Mississippi Market. Every time I go into a co-op (which, admittedly, is not often), I'm always struck by the, um, how shall I put this? oddity of a few other patrons. I am just not a tree hugger, and never will be. Sorry. Further, I do not believe there is a significant nutritional difference between organically and non-organically produced food, and therefore don't necessarily fit in there. (I reserve the right to discuss pesticides at a later date.) Also: I believe deoderant is a necessity, not a luxury, thank you very much.

No comments: