11.30.2009

Is it shallow to be thankful for sports? Probably.

Dear Internet,

I had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend. On Wednesday, I scoured my apartment clean, and made some apple crisp and cranberry salad dressing and stuff. I also took a 6K on the erg, which then justified eating everything in sight the next four days (and maybe also not getting out of my pajamas and watching a James Bond marathon all day on Friday). On Thursday, it was off to Aunt Sharon and Uncle Jack's for dinner and such. We already know what I didn't do Friday (anything), and on Saturday, I still pretty much lived in my PJs. Yesterday was slightly back to normal, ending the weekend with orchestra rehearsal.

Internet, I sincerely hope that the Golden Gophers men's basketball team figures out how to a) hit free throws, and b) get more offensive rebounds...or any rebounds, really. But seriously? If a team only has, what, maybe 50% shooting, don't you think you'd stick around to maybe see if it goes in and then maybe grab those boards? Um, apparently not in the Goofy Gophers' situation. Thursday night was a fun game, but the rest of the 76 Classic was quite painful to watch. I love Tubby, Internet, but maybe he could please work on these things with the team.

Also, Internet: I would suggest that Bernard Berrian's biceps/triceps are bigger than his calves. Seriously. His ankles and feet almost look dainty. But who cares if he keeps catching passes and the Vikings keep winning?

xoxo, forever a Minnesota sports fan,
Minny LinnEy

p.s. I got the new boots and they are FABULOUS!

No comments: