Remember when I said that Target had doubled the cost of their tights this year? I now know why. Putting a pair on this morning was like putting on a pair of pants under my dress. At least I know they'll keep me warm this winter.
And in memory of the Edmund Fitzgerald today, this.In other news, orchestras and music are definitely running at full hilt, and after two rehearsals in as many days, I now have a violin hickey from having my violin under my chin for a couple evenings straight.
I know why I always get in the Christmas mood way before December - and it has absolutely nothing to do with how early stores put out their Christmas wares or how early I start gift shopping or stuff like that. No, I finally realized it goes back to childhood. Were you ever in the kids choir or the Christmas pageant? And did you, like me, start rehearsing in October along with all the other kids (in the director's hope that you would sound decent this year)? Yeah. That's why Christmas music starts going through my head at such an early date. Only now, instead of church plays, I play in orchestras that start rehearsing Christmas music in November. That more than anything else, I think, gets me in the Christmas spirit earliest.

No comments:
Post a Comment