11.04.2009

What do Sesame Street and CNBC have in common?

I hate to do this, but today seems the appropriate day to say something that's been on my mind. Since Sesame Street is turning 40, I thought I would point out a peculiarity I've noticed about the characters on Sesame Street and characters and guests over at CNBC: they kind of look alike.








Bert and Dennis Kneale








Count von Count and Greg Troccoli (fitting, since the Count counts, and Troccoli counts stocks and money)








Prairie Dawn and Sue Herera








Guy Smiley and Donny Deutsch








Sonny Friendly and Rick Santelli (who apparently found Sonny Friendly's toupee)

The list goes on and on. The Honks and traders reporting from the floor of the NYSE. Half the male anchors and Prince Charming - the other half are Sherlock Helmlock or Mr. Johnson or Kingston Livingston III. What can I say? It seems like crazy eyebrows abound on both Sesame Street and CNBC guests.

I know, I know. There's nothing CNBC personalities and traders can do about their appearances - they are who they are (well, the men could do something about their abundant eyebrows, probably). But Sesame Street...it's like they stole from life...uh, saw into the future 40 years later and created fiction based on reality.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

That is hilarious!