They say that girls like buying shoes. While this may be true for most, it's even more true for me when it comes to getting new boots. Since I live in the place of eternal cold and snow I buy a new pair of boots and maybe a coat, too, every year.
Earlier this fall, while trekking across Vermont, my cousin said we HAD to go to this store: Well Heeled. Guess who walked out of that store with (figuratively speaking, what with handy plastic) less in her wallet? Me. That's right. I bought these gems:

And then loved them so much, I went online today to purchase these beauties:
Now, I know what you're thinking: they look a lot alike. And I'll admit, they do. But see, the difference is that the red ones are red, and the brown ones are brown. Also, the brown ones have buttons. Aren't the buttons pretty? I thought about getting the brown ones in black, but they would look too much like I've stepped out of a Charles Dickens novel and chosen a new career in scullery-maiding. Not exactly the look I'd go for.
Also: I really HATE ordering boots online. Or any shoes, for that matter. Because seriously? How do you know if they'll fit? And, oh, the troubles of shipping stuff back. Plus, I HATE paying to send stuff back. But I figured it was okay in this situation since both pair are made by the same company and have the same dimensions, and therefore I think they'll work. And better still, I got free shipping! Yay! I can't wait for them to arrive so I can try them on! (!!!)
I know the free world will hate me when I say this, but as much as I like getting new boots, I don't always like shopping for them because the calf portion of the boot is never made for people like me: I always look like I'm wearing the mid-calf version of hip waders. They're supposed to be knee-high, they're really mid-calf. They're supposed to be tight around the calf, I could fit both my calves in one. Normally I don't go for the slouchy look, either, (whether intended to be slouchy by design or just because they dribble down one's calves but aren't supposed to) but in the case of these boots, it seems to work on and for me. So am I justified in buying two nearly identical pairs of boots? Why yes, yes I am, especially since it can be such a challenge to find good boots.
Earlier this fall, while trekking across Vermont, my cousin said we HAD to go to this store: Well Heeled. Guess who walked out of that store with (figuratively speaking, what with handy plastic) less in her wallet? Me. That's right. I bought these gems:

And then loved them so much, I went online today to purchase these beauties:
Now, I know what you're thinking: they look a lot alike. And I'll admit, they do. But see, the difference is that the red ones are red, and the brown ones are brown. Also, the brown ones have buttons. Aren't the buttons pretty? I thought about getting the brown ones in black, but they would look too much like I've stepped out of a Charles Dickens novel and chosen a new career in scullery-maiding. Not exactly the look I'd go for.Also: I really HATE ordering boots online. Or any shoes, for that matter. Because seriously? How do you know if they'll fit? And, oh, the troubles of shipping stuff back. Plus, I HATE paying to send stuff back. But I figured it was okay in this situation since both pair are made by the same company and have the same dimensions, and therefore I think they'll work. And better still, I got free shipping! Yay! I can't wait for them to arrive so I can try them on! (!!!)
I know the free world will hate me when I say this, but as much as I like getting new boots, I don't always like shopping for them because the calf portion of the boot is never made for people like me: I always look like I'm wearing the mid-calf version of hip waders. They're supposed to be knee-high, they're really mid-calf. They're supposed to be tight around the calf, I could fit both my calves in one. Normally I don't go for the slouchy look, either, (whether intended to be slouchy by design or just because they dribble down one's calves but aren't supposed to) but in the case of these boots, it seems to work on and for me. So am I justified in buying two nearly identical pairs of boots? Why yes, yes I am, especially since it can be such a challenge to find good boots.

1 comment:
I don't consider myself the "free world" but I know that yes, I hate you. :) The new ones are beautiful, Linnea. I am totally jealous.
Post a Comment