So, since I had never seen the Godfather movies before, it was my goal to sit down and watch them. A few years ago, I decided it'd be great to do a marathon and just watch them all at once, one of these years. Well, this was the year.
A marathon was out of the question, though; i mean, can you really sit around and watch the Italian-American mafia for 9 hours straight? I didn't even try. So, four days, four discs, three movies; finished last night. It was strange, knowing all those lines and being able to hum along with all of the music - I felt like I knew the films already but didn't know where the plot would take me each moment. I must confess, I liked them.
Some old work friends told me once that they each, individually, wanted to marry into the mafia. Either each of them had recently watched The Godfather, or they should have - just to knock some sense into them.
And I think, finally! I won't be getting all of those actors mixed up any longer because I can now remember each of them individually: Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Andy Garcia, et al. I had always lumped them into the same category of actor, but now that I've seen the real thing, I should be able to pick them out and remember which one is which. It's not like it's ever been a huge issue, but you know. now I've seen what made them famous.
And Joe Mantegna? Isn't he the voice of Fat Tony on the Simpsons? didn't know he was in part III...while watching, I'd just close my eyes and I could see Fat Tony and the Springfield mob in my mind.
And talk about quality actors! It was great fun to see these guys when they were young(er). Marlon Brando. James Caan. Robert Duvall. Diane Keaton. Pacino. DeNiro. the whole gang.
another cinematic experience can now be satisfactorily checked off the list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment