according to the little clock on my computer, it's now my birthday. No, I didn't plan to post right now; it just happened that way.
I started the celebrating in advance this year (as usual). Had dinner with another July birthday girl and dear old friend, Ruthann, last night. Lovely to see her, eat good food, catch up on life, and see her new place.
earlier this evening, my parental units took me out to celebrate the eve of my birth. Went to a fabulous place, just about the best dining experience I've ever had. I ever so highly recommend the hangar steak; my samples of the pork loin and gulf shrimp were tasty. The food is melt-in-your-mouth fabulous and makes a girl lose all train of thought once it even approaches the palate. (Think: Homer Simpson drooling, and that was probably what I looked like.) All together now: "Warm Blueberry/Mango 'Crisp' with Coconut Streusel Topping and Vanilla Ice Cream." I could swear there was a heavenly taste of ginger in there somewhere, too.
Then me mum and I went out and caught Monster-In-Law, a flick I liked much better than I thought I would, especially considering I don't really care for J Lo all that much (and is she always in a wedding dress in her films?), let alone J Fo..........nda. I'm sorry, did I just almost write that? It seemed appropriate and matched her co-star's former moniker, but it came out sounding a bit crass...Let me try again. Jane Fonda. There. ... uh-oh. Still sounds crass to me. *snicker*
Anyway, it's been a great evening. Lovely dinner, great time with my parents. They really make me laugh at times - and sometimes it's even in a very good way.
7.30.2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment