7.11.2005

I am spoiled.

"And this is new, how?" you ask. Right you are, but now I've discovered a new way in which I have been spoiled. Well, I "knew" of it previously, but never *really knew*. You see, all through law school and for the CA Bar exam, I had the privilege of typing all of my essays. I used a word processor. It was great. I kind of got used to it and decided to continue with that whole deal when I took the CA Bar. Typing is fabulous, especially if one can do so at a reasonable speed.

Well. The WI Bar Examiners do not allow a person to use a word processor. One is allowed to use a typewriter, or he can write by hand. Well, I, as you all know, am a cheapskate. I am not going to pay good money to go out and buy something I will use once. I couldn't find anyone from whom I could borrow a typewriter (who has one of those anymore?). I did not even want to rent one, nor did I really care to investigate (or apparently, Think Things Through). Now the deadline to register to type has come and gone, and I am stuck handwriting the exam. I figured I could build up my handwriting stamina, right? Well, let me tell you, I am building up stamina, by golly, but, I will be even further lopsided because my right hand will be gargantuan in comparison to my left within the next two weeks. (see Tennis, Anyone?.)

Oh, well. In a few days - mere moments in the grand scheme of things! - and I will ice it down, and the hand will return to normal size. The crippled fingers might recover from their swollen state.

I hope I pass this thing. Or else all this lopsidedness will be for naught - I will be relegated to rebuilding up the stamina again at some future time. So, in order to pass, I am off to build up strength and deepen the writing notch on that last knuckle of my middle finger, where the pen fits the groove too well...

No comments: