The last few days I've noticed that many things have been amusing. Well, at least to me. Let's see if they amuse you, too.
The head Bar examiner guy was going through orientation with us 180 candidates on Monday afternoon. He was impressing upon us the importance of not letting our cell phones, PDAs or pagers make any noise or he would confiscate them, when his own rang. And not just any ring. Here is this 50-ish year old man with The Nutcracker playing from his pocket. And not just any song from The Nutcracker. No, it was Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies. That absolutely cracked me up. So, then he proceeds to tell all 180 of us that it was his daughter. Celebrating her 15th birthday. Making her own cake. He didn't really want to know what she'd gotten into (his words), and if we "just waited a minute, she'll go away." And then, hilariously enough, he went back to discussing how we should not have any kind of electronic devices make any noise during our time together.
I realized that my voice was sore on Tueday night because I'd been singing along with music in my car for three hours straight. The funny part? It took me three hours to notice that I was singing. And I know it was for all three hours because my throat was awfully scratchy.
I went out for coffee with a friend last night. I was at the favorite (read: close by) shop again, and struck up a conversation with the guy making my Caramel High RiseTM ("Sweet. Gooey. Not recommended by four out of five dentists."). When he asked me if I'd been doing anything exciting this week, I told him I'd just finished taking the Bar exam. He replied, "Oh, you're a bartender?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment